Unsung Hero Award
This is the award exemplifies the spirit of the profession. The recipient is a person who, through their hard work and selflessness, goes above and beyond what is asked of them. The Unsung hero is that person that does the thankless jobs to ensure that the patients and their coworkers receive the service and support they deserve.
Award EligibilityView further information on who can win the award. Learn more
The nominee is a MRT and/or Sonographer who has been a member in good standing with the OAMRS.
The nominee acting as a role model by demonstrating compassion and inspires other through their commitment and hard work. The Unsung Hero Award is for the person that has made a significant sacrifice and contribution to the profession in one or more of the following:
- Patient advocacy
- “Go-to-person” that does the little things to get the job done right
- Mentoring, training and educating colleagues
- Demonstrating empathy and compassion
- Altruism and selflessness that support their patients, coworkers and organizations best interest
- Outreach and volunteering in the community and around the world