The Patient Care Award
The Patient Care Award is about more than clinical treatment. Nominated and selected by the membership this award honours the exceptional contributions of an individual MRT/ Sonographer, hospital, clinic, organization or professional team that has demonstrated leadership, innovation in any or all aspects of patient care – from general interactions, providing care to creating great systems and beyond. This award recognizes and honours the meaningful contributions of individuals and teams for acts of caring and compassion that go above and beyond the call of duty, inspire others and have a profound and lasting impact. This award may be self-nominated. Preference will be given to a nominee who supplies testimonials and letters of reference from patients, staff, partners, community members and collaborating health professionals.
View further information on who can win the award. Learn more
The nominee is a MRT and/or Sonographer who has been a member in good standing with the OAMRS. For a team nomination, at least one member must an OAMRS Member.
Nominations must indicate the impact on the nominee’s patients from one or more of the following areas:
- Raising awareness and implementing best practices to achieve exceptional patient care
- Delivery of outstanding service and patient experience
- Collaboration with other organizations and health care professionals
- Educating and promoting patient-centered care to advance the profession
- Inspire others and have a profound and lasting impact
- Development of patient-centered models of care that hold up as a template or inspiration to others
Member Choice Award
This award is given to the nominee who earns the most votes from their fellow members. All eligible nominees will be given fair and equal chance to promote their candidacy through OAMRS communications (Filter, website etc.). All OAMRS members in good standing will be given the opportunity to vote once for the candidate they deem most worthy. To ensure impartiality voting will be tallied anonymously through on line voting software.Award Nominations closed December 22, 2017. Award Recepients will be announced at the Awards' Gala on March 22, 2018.