Central GTA Executive Committee:
Currently this Chapters in develpoment. If you are interested in volunteering in a leadership capacity for this Chapter please contact email@example.com
Central GTA Education Day
2019 Spring Education Day
Thank you joining us!
Spring Education Day 2018
It was a great day to be an MRT/Sonographer.
The Central Section Committee of the Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences (OAMRS) established a Student Bursary in 2011 for the students in educational programs that are within the geographic boundaries of the Central Section (Michener Institute of Education at UHN). The purpose of the bursary is to promote and encourage student membership and increase their awareness of the Provincial Professional Association (OAMRS) and to get them to start thinking about how they can contribute to the Association both as student members and practicing professionals.
The bursary is awarded to one Second Year student in each of the three Medical Radiation Science (MRS) programs (Nuclear Medicine, Radiological Technology and Radiation Therapy) and one First Year student in the Ultrasound Graduate Diploma Program.
The Central Section Committee will award the recipients based on the application. The recipient will be announced at the OAMRS Central Section Spring Education Day.
The applicant must demonstrate on the application form that he/she meets all of the following criteria:
- Completeness of the application.
- Be a current OAMRS Student member.
- Provide a letter from the Program Chair indicating
- The applicant is registered in the second year of study in the University of Toronto/The Michener Institute MRS Program or first year in The Michener Institute Ultrasound Graduate Diploma Program.
- The applicant demonstrates good academic standing.
- Submit a two-page written answer to the essay question.
Most recent bursary winners
Karissa Babooram (Nuclear Medicine) Katie Brasenell (Ultrasound)
Stephanie Le (Radiological Technology)
Kadie-Rose Hisgen (Ultrasound)
Jennifer Su (Radiation Therapy)