Central Executive Committee:
Chair: Aaron Cumal, RTT
Vice Chair: Sarah Parker Sheehan, RTT
Past Chair: Caroline Souter, RTNM
Treasurer: Marco Vane, RTT
Secretary: Kathy Wan Ting Yip, RTT
Education Coordinators: Yasmin Allidina, RTNM, RTR, Bonnie Sands, RTR
Director Liaison: Komal Mazhar, RTNM
Central Education Day
Fall Education Day
Jenkin Auditorium at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
More information coming soon
Spring Education Day
Thanks, everyone who attended the Spring Education Day on March 24. The SOLD OUT event was held at the University Club in downtown Toronto. The day included great speakers, great food and a great opportunity to chat with fellow practitioners from across the GTA.
Oh yeah, and following our Education day, many people stayed for the OAMRS Awards Gala. Congratulations to following Central Section practitioners that received the following awards:
- Brian Liszewski - Practitioner of the Year, Radiation therapist - Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre’s Odette Cancer Centre
- Stephanie Rutter - Patient Care Award, Humber River Hospital
- Diana Lee - Recent Graduate Award, Radiation Therapist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre & Teaching Assistant, University of Toronto
It was a great day to be an MRT/Sonographer. Stay tuned for the date and location of the Fall Education Day.
About the Bursary
The Central Section Committee of the Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences (OAMRS) established a Student Bursary in 2011 for the students in educational programs that are within the geographic boundaries of the Central Section (Michener Institute of Education at UHN). The purpose of the bursary is to promote and encourage student membership and increase their awareness of the Provincial Professional Association (OAMRS) and to get them to start thinking about how they can contribute to the Association both as student members and practicing professionals.
The bursary is awarded to one Second Year student in each of the three Medical Radiation Science (MRS) programs (Nuclear Medicine, Radiological Technology and Radiation Therapy) and one First Year student in the Ultrasound Graduate Diploma Program.
The Central Section Committee will award the recipients based on the application. The recipient will be announced at the OAMRS Central Section Spring Education Day.
The applicant must demonstrate on the application form that he/she meets all of the following criteria:
- Completeness of the application.
- Be a current OAMRS Student member.
- Provide a letter from the Program Chair indicating
- The applicant is registered in the second year of study in the University of Toronto/The Michener Institute MRS Program or first year in The Michener Institute Ultrasound Graduate Diploma Program.
- The applicant demonstrates good academic standing.
- Submit a two-page written answer to the essay question.
Most recent bursary winners
Karissa Babooram (Nuclear Medicine) Katie Brasenell (Ultrasound)
Stephanie Le (Radiological Technology)
Kadie-Rose Hisgen (Ultrasound)
Jennifer Su (Radiation Therapy)