Award Nomination Eligibility
- Nominees are members in good standing with the OAMRS. If it is a team award, at least one person from the team must be a member in good standing with the OAMRS.
- Nominees may not be a current member of the Awards Committee for which they are nominated.
- Nominees may not be employees of the OAMRS or CAMRT nor may they be current members of their Board of Directors.
- Award recipients agree to participate in OAMRS events and other communication opportunities including in-person speaking, webinars, attendance at other events, writing article/blog for OAMRS etc. as may be requested. The minimum commitment for the year is three hours. Recipients of the Medical Radiation Sciences Practitioner of the Year, Mary F. Cameron awards may expect additional commitment.
- Due to the distinctive and special nature of each award, OAMRS reserves the right not to select a recipient in any or all award categories.
- The Medical Radiation Sciences Practitioner of the Year committee will review nominees and select a recipient for the Medical Radiation Sciences Practitioner of the Year
- The OAMRS Awards Committee will review nominees and select a recipient for the following awards:
- Patient Care Award is a Members’ choice award and will be decided by a Member vote
Years of Service - Nominees have contributed to the growth of the profession through at least the following years of service:
|# of years (minimum)||Award category|
|10 years||Medical Radiation Sciences Practitioner of the Year
Mary F. Cameron Award
|5 years||Community Relations Award
Patient Care Award
|<3 years from graduation date||Recent Graduate Award|
Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences (OAMRS)Medical Imaging Ed is a division of OAMRS providing high quality CPD for the medical radiation sciences and peace of mind through PLI for Sonographers practicing across the country.